Saturday, August 04, 2007

Feast Day

Today is the Feast day of St. John Vianney. When I went to France with the Brothers of St. John about a year ago, the little and beautiful town of Ars was the first place we visited. This Saint is also know as "The Cure of Ars".
Here I am in front of the Church where he heard confessions from people all over the world for 16 hours each day. Isn't that amazing? He is the Patron of priests...I can see why.
And YES ladies and gentleman, his body is incorrupt!
It was so funny how I found out. We were praying inside the Church and I just turned to my right to see what was there and WOW I see a body. Then they told me. It was the first time I had seen a dead body. I was shocked. But this body was a Saint--what a blessing to pray literally in front of him.
And just in case you want to see MORE, here is a picture outside where he used to live.
And from the inside, where his room was. I'm not sure I remember correctly, but I think the bed is all scratched like that because the devil used to torture (is that the word?) him...like Padre Pio.St. John Vianney-pray for us.

No comments: